Some Stuff N' Stuff

Mostly a garden blog, and the occasional garden-inspired recipe.

4/01/2005

Shoppin' at the bastard


This is the food store that I often shop at in Somerville, Johnny's Foodmaster. I nick-named it " the bastard" back when I lived very close in proximity. I called it that because, even though it wasnt the best place to go, I went there anyway since it was so close. I always came out cursing the place since they never had certain things I was looking for (asian food staples). Now I live a little bit farther away - and there are other stores closer to me - but I continue to travel the distance to go the bastard, the place grew on me, what can I say? Prices are pretty cheap - and I still can't find the asian food things (I go elsewhere for that stuff) but the place is a classic! I used to work at DeMoulas Market Basket as a teen ager in high school, or "the basket" as it was commonly known by it workers...so I guess I have a thing for old-school grocery stores.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home