Some Stuff N' Stuff

Mostly a garden blog, and the occasional garden-inspired recipe.

8/20/2007

August Days



Today I found more cukes growing, this time on the string Tony added while I was away - nice going Tony! Some orange cherries were ripe and I picked a few brandywines too. Most of the tomatoes are green right now, so I'm just waiting for the next wave of red ones to make roasted/stuffed tomatoes and cheese. The tomatoes are getting taller - but not as tall as the first year when they grew right past the stakes and taller than me. However, the sun gold cherry is a mass of vines and leaves intertwined with the surrounding plants. It may be the best growing plant I have aside from the monster cukes and hot peppers. I now have more of those than I know what to do with - a gallon bagfull is already in the freezer!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home