Some Stuff N' Stuff

Mostly a garden blog, and the occasional garden-inspired recipe.

4/22/2005

Dorky is the new cool


I got a little note from an "Anonymous" poster today - someone whom I obviously know from at least 6-7 years ago, by the way they refered to my old car and job. They exclaimed, to their astonishment, that I was a dork. Apparently I used to be cool back when I ran for beer (hashing it's called, and ya I still do that) and drove a very decrepid 1988 Oldmobile Cutlass Supreme. I find some interestering irony in all of this. Having a car of that caliber is not cool at all, it's terribly dorky, not to mention being somewhat poor at the time and cheap, which led me to having that car for as long as I did. So really, having that car was dorky, which turned out to be cool to this person. So you see, dorky is the new cool, or is it?

Apparently the contents of my blog led them to think that this dorky thing is a new phenomenon for me. So, ok, I draw cats, birds and make books, but hey, did you know that I bowl....in a LEAGUE. Ok ya we have beer while we bowl - but I even bought the shoes. I worked at a weather company for Christ's sakes, as if that's not totally dorky. Not to hurt any weather people's feelings, but its a terribly dorky field of science, and I think they will be the first person in the room to admit they can be dorks.

The more I think about it, dorkiness is a nice attribute. Being cool has a lot of pressure, you got to wear the right things, say the right stuff, be at all the cool places, so much to do all for the sake of coolness. I have my own form of coolness, and while it may not include weather maps and decrepid cars it's still cool to me. And...blogs, and reading blogs, is THE dorkiest thing ever, ever, ever! I'll show you dorky...wait till I start drawing some of my teapot collection...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the letters that are impossible to form into any coherent words!

you should get a new set of magnetic alphabet, visit your neighborhood dollar store!

- tony

April 24, 2005 at 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home