Some Stuff N' Stuff

Mostly a garden blog, and the occasional garden-inspired recipe.

7/01/2005

The garden grows...


This time I took photos without the smudge, thank you very much.
Everything seems to have exploded over the past 2 weeks, the heat has really helped things. I mulched the heck out of the the place on this day - so finally there are few weeds, more room for the real deal. The cilantro 6 pack that I bought bolted and died very quickly, other than that and the jalepeno which succumbed to the cool Memorial Day weekend, everything is doing fantastic. Cosmos havn't bloomed yet, but the greeenery is getting tall. I'm trying my best NOT to water them, I guess they like the punishment.




The photos are all from the 1st of July, but I went today (the 5th) to water after being away for th 4th weekend. The tomatoes are flowering, the taxi tomatoes are getting big but not yet yellow, the dill and oregano are also flowering, even the peppers have some flowers on them...the hot salsa peppers are a little slow in the flowering, but they have grown very tall already and should be ready to pop next week. The sage, dill and oregano are HUGE, not quite sure what to do with them. One of the heirloom tomato plants, the cherokee I believe, is looking a bit strained. The old leaves are all curled up and freakish, but the new ones look ok. I stripped much of the old ones off, leaving enough that I hope it will survive, it didn't look like those leaves were doing much help anyways.




I even had a chance to pick some green onions today which are looking real good. I'm surprised how many of those you can get from one seed packet... I think I got the Miracle Grow green onion seed packet, will have to get that one again. The onion plant is looking something strange, all the onion are growing about 2 feet off the ground from the middle of the plant stalks...onion plants from outer space?...you be the judge.(08/14/05 - I now know that this is an Egyption Onion plant - I was leafing through a friend's garden book and read about it)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home