Some Stuff N' Stuff

Mostly a garden blog, and the occasional garden-inspired recipe.

8/15/2005

Tomato Time

August heat is in full swing, and the tomatoes are lovin' it! Both my brother and father who live nearby have said the hot summer has been a blessing to the growth of their tomatoes. My dad had to rig up some kind of crazy rope contraption to keep the plants from collaping into themselves and falling over. I saw it for myself, not quiet sure how my dad will get in there to harvest! The only lament I have is the peppers. Most of the bell peppers have fallen off on their own and have a small amount of rot on the bottoms. Some even turned red but have soft spots here mand there - only part of the peppers are edible. Not so sure I'm willing to grow bell peppers again...maybe I'll try something else - like more onions and some cucumbers.

My garden as of Aug 14th:

Walking past the cosmos - well above the fence now!


Lots of blossoms - so easy to care for.


Garden long shot - bustin!


Love those cosmos, neighbors sunflowers in the background


Heirloom tomatoes - Brandywine


Cosmo couple


Cosmos dwarf the van


Some green tomatoes taking their time


Onions slow to come up


Green salsa peppers- lots to harvest


Today's bounty


Another garden shot


And another



Sage and oregano out of control



Dill gone to seed, neighbor's zinnas in the background



Suflower on the corner of Osgood/Granite streets


Yesterday's Bradywine


Yesterday's harvest - taxis too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home