Some Stuff N' Stuff

Mostly a garden blog, and the occasional garden-inspired recipe.

6/10/2008

A month of Lettuce



I keep forgetting to bring the camera to the garden. The Experimental Herb Patch (EHP) is prospering and the lettuce is outdoing itself, putting the other seedlings to shame for miles around. And it's pretty tasty too. I gave one head to my parents, one to my brother (who was equally impressed), and one home for myself and the roommates.






General Update:
It's been crazy hot here. 4 days of 90+ degree heat has made many a hardy New Englander cower in the relative coolness of their homes. My house however, is not so cool. With a 90˚F temp reading inside, and 90+ outside, what can one do but install the AC early and cower! Putting aside the human suffering, the heat seems to make the garden plants happy, especially the plants on the porch (basil, tomatoes and nasturtiums), which are basking in even hotter temps due to the blacktop porch flooring.

Peas are not doing that great, but everything else is coming along. I noticed the sun gold tomatoes have something funky going on with the leaves. A slight discoloring, almost a rusty look to them, I'm hoping it's not a disease and they will do ok without any intervention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home